Accessing the Clients
Revision as of 20:07, 22 July 2009 by Admin
You need to be a domain administrator in order to access the clients.
- Make sure the client is ON. We don't offer wake-on-lan at the moment.
- Login into server with an account that has CRIPT.ORG domain admin privilage.
- Open up finder
- Look on the left side under "SHARED" section.
- Select "All..."
- Select "CRIPT.ORG"
- Select the computer that you want to retrieve the file from.
- Press "Connect As..."
- Enter your Domain Admin account and password.
Now you should be able to see the file that is there and retrieve and delete the files.
Setting Up Folders to be Accessible from the Server
- Login as LOCAL admin.
- Right click the folder.
- Under Sharing tab (if XP), click permission button. Find and add "Domain Admins" with FULL control.
- Under Security tab, add "Domain Admins" and give FULL control.
This should allow domain admin from server to remotely manage files!