Viewer Options in Amira
Splitting Apart Windows
Splitting windows apart allows you to spread your viewer and interaction windows across your 2 screens.
1. Edit > Preferences
2. Select the Layout tab from the window that pops up
3. check Show Viewer in the top-level window
4. Drag separated windows into desired locations
Using 1-4 windows within the Viewer window
While segmenting you have the option to use your viewer as a whole, or divided into 2 or 4 screens at the same time. This is beneficial for viewing different planes of data at the same time, as well as the 3D volume that you are segmenting. These View may be adjusted using the Viewer buttons in the top tool bar of the viewer window.
- To use your viewer as a single whole window, select the single viewer icon (looks like a large square)
- To split your viewer into 2 vertical windows, select the 2 viewers (vertical) icon (looks like 2 vertical adjoined rectangles)
- To split your viewer into 2 horizontal windows, select the 2 viewers (horizontal) icon (looks like 2 horizontal adjoined rectangles)
- To split your viewer into 4 windows, select the 4 viewers icon (looks like 4 adjoined squares)
Re-Orienting Slice Data within Segmentation Mode
If the orientation of the slices you are working on is not correct it can be adjusted or flipped. To do this:
1. In the Main Window select Segmentation from the top tool bar and select Orientation from the drop down list.
2. You can choose Flip X, Flip Y, or Flip Z to reorient the image as desired.
Back to Using Amira
Back to Interacting with Amira
Back to Uploading Data into Amira